Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sowing and Trusting

Mark 4:26-27
"And He said, 'The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed on the ground and should sleep by night and rise by day, and the seed should sprout and grow, he himself does not know how....'"

My minister-husband pointed these verses out to me the other day.  The sower himself does not know how the seed should sprout and grow.  I liked how this was highlighted in these verses in Mark.  

We sow constantly.  We sow good seed or we sow bad seed, but we are always sowing.  When we obey God's Word we sow good seed.  I have been much more aware of trying to intentionally sow good seed lately.  The seed I have in mind, specifically, are kind words, works of sacrifice and service, listening and considering another's point of view.  Basically, loving my neighbor as myself.  BUT, then comes the temptation to wonder if it's doing any good.  Results are not always evident.   

I appreciated this reminder that, the sower doesn't know how it grows.  But it does.  God brings the increase.  And He will bring it in whatever way He sees fit.  I must just keep sowing and trusting and sowing and trusting and sowing and trusting.  In due time, there is sure to be a good harvest and I am sure to see it.

1 comment:

Jennie and Julie said...

Nice! I like it when you share your thoughts, and what you've been working on. Great verses, and something to think on.