Wednesday, July 19, 2017

After a Cold Wet Winter

 After a cold wet winter, with lots of snow for insulation, my garden has been in great shape this spring and summer. I have so enjoyed getting out and enjoying all my thriving plants.
 This is a honeysuckle bush and some pretty petite iris's that I got from my mother-in-law's yard before she sold her home.
 These iris are called 'Stepping Out' and I got them from a wonderful lady who gardened in Burns and shared them with me probably 40 years ago. I have been dragging them with me to each yard I have gardened in since. The insurance man and our grandson Ben dug them up last fall and divided them, so that I had enough to share with daughter Joy.
 Various plants blooming among the lava rocks.


 This is another plant I moved from Burns to Bend, and they are the prettiest deep red peonies. Love this bush Mom!
 Results of the peonies...


No comments: