Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Dreaming in Central Oregon

FIRST DAY OF SPRING!


There are at least a couple of blooms out there to see. First crocuses.

But the rest of the garden beds look like this:


I just had to get out there and do something though, so I cleaned out two beds.

This one has a lot of spring flowering bulbs just coming up. (Stay posted)
I helped them by uncovering them to the sun, a good spring thing to do.

And this one is empty, ready for the dahlias we will plant in May.

Both beds were covered with pine needles, pine boughs, pine cones, pine cone skeletons and pine cone leaves in a thick layer. I think eating the cones has been the way our squirrels have survived the recent storms. Just wish they wouldn't throw their remains down on my garden!

Someday we will have green again and lovely blooms. Dreaming of spring over here in Central Oregon!

No comments: