Thursday, July 23, 2009

Tea Party

After a very busy few weeks we are going to try and get back to blogging, and my trip to Julie's. My niece was married in Seattle on July 11th, and since I had a 40 year class reunion the following Saturday I decided to stay the week with my brother. I think I am home now for a long while, so I will later post about the Seattle trip. Now to the very fun tea party at Julie's....


Jennie: After talking about how fun it would be, one afternoon we planned a tea party for everyone. Now of course this is in addition to cooking 3 meals for 9 people that day, so we had to keep it rather simple (but elegant!)

Jennie: Julie and Kory made up a big batch of pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, and Kory cut up fresh strawberries while I 'played' with the other children.

Here is everyone, except the picture-taker, Peter, ready to enjoy the treats. Julie provided a really nice selection of teas to choose from, and she put hot water into the teapot. Even the boys like tea parties...partly for the good food of course.

Jennie: I think I am tasting someone else's tea, to make a decision on which one to choose. It helps to have these beautiful trays and cups of English china!

Jennie: Everyone wanted hot tea of course...no hot chocolate substitutes here!

Jennie: Julie and I just love this photo. If you look carefully you can see Millie imitating Kory exactly. She was watching Kory, and completely absorbed in the details of how a 'big' girl does things. I also really appreciated Peter joining in. I think he would rather have let the ladies do their thing, but by example is showing his boys that 'real men' do enjoy tea parties occasionally.

Jennie: Millie has her own cute tea set (metal) which she used when we were through. She was so exited about the whole thing. Even she had 'hot' tea.

Jennie: All little girls love to pretend...and so pretend met reality that afternoon. What a fun time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful event. I love it that all of the "men" participated. Aren't these guys going to be wonderful husbands and fathers?
Kathy

Anonymous said...

I love a tea party! It looked like so much fun to have the whole family participate when you were at Julie's. When my granddaughters were younger we had many tea parties together. They liked to dress up in long dresses, hats, and bring their teddy bears along. Sometimes we used teacups from Taiwan and that was extra special. Other times I let them take over the kitchen and fix the treats, and usually they found the dill pickles, cheese, and other unheard of things to add to the fun. One of our traditions was for Grandma to take the girls shopping for school supplies, and one special time we went first to a tea house and had a tea party. With 50 kinds of tea to choose from it took some time. They furnished hats, dresses, beads, etc. for dress up. We giggled and had lots of fun drinking from the fancy China cups. It is good to make memories. Aunt Elna