Monday, July 20, 2009

Summer Cooking

Well, the rest of the pictures of mom's trip here will be posted eventually. The delay is due to her traveling AGAIN last week! She's quite the globe-trotter since her foot is feeling better. I'm sure she'll be sharing about this second trip as well. In the meantime, I thought I'd post a couple of pictures of some recent good things at my home.
Veggie season is in full swing and the eating is SO good! I know all who are reading this are enjoying the same freshness of your own local veggies. Saturday night we grilled some marinated London Broil and used my grill basket to cook some summer squash, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. There was fresh lettuce from the garden with tomato, red pepper and cucumber and the non-descript-looking item on the far left is cole slaw with my garden fresh cabbage.
The dinner was delicious, but I was also pretty excited when the doorbell rang and the mailman brought a package with a surprise. Without my knowing it, my husband had ordered me two new cookbooks that come highly recommended. One is entirely slow cooker recipes, and the other is all non-typical casserole recipes. I really have wanted some fresh ideas for main dishes and I can't tell you the delight these books brought me. SO, I just need to try them out now!



No comments: