Friday, February 12, 2010

A wonderful white metal bed frame and a firm/soft cushy mattress makes for a very good guest bed. This bed has played many roles in my life, and has sported several colors. My Mom's Aunt Minnie and Uncle George used it for many years as their own bed. In those years it was a brownish metal. Eventually we moved in to care for Aunt Minnie and it became my bed in my own room. I remember my Dad painting it white for me...and then painting it several times as the paint would chip away. Aunt Minnie's furnishings became my mothers' after her death, and after Mom and Dad's retirement to Oregon the white bed became their guest bed. Lots of good memories of grandchildren in the white bed, and it was always where the insurance man and I slept on visits.
In the 90's we inherited the bed, and decided to powder-coat it a nice cream color. That was a great decision, as it looks so serene and beautiful..but never scratches or peels. Now days it resides in our guest room to welcome more grandchildren and guests.


Isn't it marvelous that I love rosebuds?

No comments: