Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years." Genesis 1:14

We live in a land of extremes, called the High Desert. Not exactly the North or South Pole, but extreme never the less. Last Thursday we ate lunch in our Pergola on a beautiful fall day with temps about 72 degrees. I had my wash hanging outside, and continued my gardening. Over the weekend a winter storm blew in and last night I went to bed with it snowing outside. This morning it had cleared off and left just a little frozen ground with a skiff of snow. Snow on the changing leaves of autumn were beautiful this morning outside my window.
I love that God created seasons and changes, and that we can never really predict the weather, nor control it. Hooray for autumn, and winter coming speedily in her footprints.

No comments: