Saturday, February 26, 2011
Saturday, February 19, 2011
- Moroccan Chicken Skewers, curry noodle and vegetables with a yogurt dipping sauce for the appetizer.
- Warm and creamy chicken rice soup
- Spring greens salad with green goddess dressing
- A large loaf of homemade wheat bread
- For me, maple glazed salmon with rice pilaf, and for the insurance man, tri-tip steak with roasted red potatoes, and five! veggies on each plate, including a yellow-orange beet that had me fooled.
- Two desserts: Heavenly chocolate cake, and apple cobbler with cinnamon whipped topping
- Huge chocolate dipped strawberries, in both white and milk chocolate.
Doesn't that sound delicious? It was! All of that for two, was only $34. There was a choice of 6 different main dishes. We picked it up and heated it, and supplied a bottle of sparkling cider to go with. We took several hours, doing various things in-between courses, which was so much nicer than a restaurant.
At dessert time, we made a pot of tea, and split each dessert into two and shared. Quite a lovely Valentine evening.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
I donned my waterproof duds and boots, and headed outside to 'rescue' the trees and plants. (An area of gardening I had not thought of before!) As I worked to bring up and out the branches buried under the snow, I heard ominous loud cracks all around the neighborhood. I discovered one not-so-great reason to live in a forest.
A large branch from a juniper tree broke off, and blocked our driveway. I heard another break and fall on our neighbor's motor home, and another tall tree across the street lost the top half as it broke.
Monday, February 14, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Her mom took these photos from the back of the room, so they don't show up as well as they could, but there is definite surprise and pleasure on Kory's face as the tiara was placed on her head.
Thursday, February 3, 2011
As babies go, Eli was a whopping baby. But, in Papa's hands he still looks tiny. We can't wait to see what he turns out to look like!