Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Morning Coffee

Comfort #2
One of the great comforts of morning for me is my coffee. IF I remember to get the coffee ready and set the timer the night before, I can wake up to the wonderful smell of fresh coffee filling the house. The insurance man says "how come something that smells so good, tastes so bad?" Needless to say, this is one of MY comforts...his is a hot cup of tea. I love to get up early and come down and fill up my coffee cup first thing.
I like to vary my mugs, depending on the season and my mood. Right now I have two favorites, both given to me by Julie. This one is just the right size, and so pretty. It is really a 'cup', not just a mug!

The other one was a gift a few years ago. We each have 'Papa' and 'Grammy' mugs, made at a local pottery close to Julie. This one is definitely a 'mug' and a hefty one at that. It is a favorite not just for obvious reasons, but because it holds a good big cup of my coffee.
Morning coffee is a comfortable blessing. Thank you Lord for coffee plants and beans, and people who are such good roasters. (For cream also!)

No comments: