Monday, July 29, 2013

A Little Something Vintage

 Last week a few of my kids and I did a little exploring at Goodwill.  I don't go that often.  We hadn't been in quite some time.  My kids surprised me.  They are great at finding cool and useful things!  I just wandered among them seeing what they'd found and never even really browsed myself.  One of the fun things that Amelia came home with was this vintage puzzle.  Not only did we like the vintage flower prints, but the unique round shape of the puzzle and the box, as well as the quality and the price (99 cents). 
 Amelia's big brother William is a big fan of puzzles.  They actually picked this out together and plan to assemble it together. 
 I am a big fan of vintage things, especially when they involve flowers.  Isn't this iris pretty?
 Pansies, tulip & marigold?  It will be fun to see it all done.
 Vintage item number 2 is not my 9 month old.  But the little pink shirt she is wearing happens to be one that I myself wore when I was her size.
 She was doing a great job at giving me smiles, but since she can't sit up well without propping herself on her arms, I wasn't able to get a very good shot of the shirt.
The shirt says "Handmade by God" and has a hand print on it.  I thought she was pretty cute in it.  I wonder if Mom could tell me more about the origin of this shirt?

No comments: