Wednesday, July 31, 2013

In Which I Post my Own Thank You

I'm back!! Well, at least a little back. I wanted to add a little something to what Julie already graciously posted.
I want to thank everyone for their prayers and cards. I received so many nice cards and get well wishes, it was hard NOT be encouraged.
I want to especially mention how nice it was to meet a few new friends, and thank Connie in Jacksonville for sending a card with encouraging words. She quoted I Peter 1:7 "These trials have come so that your faith, of greater worth than gold refined by fire, may prove genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed." What wonderful words to hold onto. Thanks for writing Connie!
And thanks to Brenda, a sister in Christ from the hills of West Virginia, for sending the cutest card ever! Yes Brenda, I do remember you fondly, and thank you for your encouraging words as well.
All of your prayers mattered, and several specific requests Julie wrote down have been answered. 1) I was and continue to be encouraged by others and by the tender mercies of our God. 2) I am growing stronger each day, healing and am back up on my feet, some. Not 24-7, but enough to help me begin the process of gaining strength again. 3) Many good things have come about as a result of this accident. I will talk more about them later. I have in mind a few posts to talk about what I am learning as a result of this injury and 'confinement'.
 
And finally, I loved Julie's photos of Bronwyn so much that I just had to post a couple taken of Julie at that same age. Sadly, I don't have one of her in that same shirt. (If only we could look down the path of life 30+ years to see that one day we would need one)
 This is Julie at 10 months, in her PJ's on our living room floor. The photo below is one that Julie just posted of Bronwyn. The shape of their faces are different (Bronwyn's is much rounder) but the hair and noses are the same, and the sweet smiles. Seeing the photos of Bronwyn just made me want to scoop her up into my arms as I did her mother.
 
 
And this is Julie at one year. Both happy, happy babies. We are so blessed.
As for the shirt Julie asked about, I found it in a store. It was specifically hers (not a hand-me-down) and that's why I passed it on to her. Aren't all babies 'hand-made by God'? These two surely were.

2 comments:

Monica said...

I only found out about your accident today. Since my son's wedding, I haven't been visiting blog land much. I'm so happy to hear about the answered prayers for your recovery, and so nice to see that you are able to give us an update yourself.

Unknown said...

Oh Jennie, I am so glad to hear you are re-emerging into life after such a tough injury. I am so sorry that my own confinement and my mother's deterioration has kept me from your doorstep. I am praying daily for you and John and I do plan to call and maybe even to get together. Life has been full of challenges lately but then some fun with my Bend High 50th class reunion last weekend. Once I get things settled down and am home before midnight, I will be calling you.

Much, much love, Jennie,
Kathy