Monday, July 29, 2013

Thank You and an Update

Thank you for praying for Mom and for writing to her!  She has received so many cards and so much encouragement.  

Three weeks have passed now since her accident and surgery and she is coming along.  She is fully off of the pain medications and muscle relaxers that she was on and is very grateful for that. 

It will be quite some time before she regains the use of her limb.  She will begin physical therapy in another 3 weeks or so.  The doctor says she can expect to have full range of motion after a year.

I hope to be able to visit her within the next few weeks.  I believe your prayers have been effective and they are appreciated.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such good news. Just even one of those injuries would have been horribly disabling and painful but to recover from both..... ugh, i know the drill, after 2 plus years now. I am still learning how to walk again. We serve a good and a very big God and He is faithful. I hope, Jennie, that your therapy, even though tough and uncomfortable, will return you good as new to the activities you love. I am so sorry that my life has been consumed with a difficult mother and sick animals and ....... I will be in touch soon, I do promise. Julie, call me if you can when you are here and I will come over or have you over here.

Monica said...

Oh my goodness ..... I'm away from the blogging world for a a couple of weeks and look what happens. I will definitely be praying for her. I'm glad that she is improving now.