Thursday, July 22, 2010

Comfort in the Familiar

Yesterday when I harvested the second rhubarb plant, I brought some into the house to use. Today, I chopped it up and made rhubarb bread. I doubled my recipe so it made four loaves. I am bringing some sliced to church on Sunday for our refreshment time after the service, and the rest will be a treat for company over the week-end. It sure made the house smell good this afternoon.
The recipe I pulled out for the rhubarb bread was from a good friend of mine, back when our children were babies together. We made this bread when we were first married, and we have been enjoying it ever since. There is comfort in pulling out a favorite recipe, and doing a familiar task. This bread gets made most every year in our kitchen. I put on a new apron, and some old music from a by-gone era, and enjoyed my baking time.

1 comment:

Peter Jones said...

Your rhubarb bread looks FANTASTIC!!