Thursday, June 14, 2012

Flag Day and Iris's

 I love to celebrate June 14th, flag day...by flying the flag of our beloved country. It has been 235 years since we first adopted the stars and stripes, and it continues to be a beautiful symbol of our freedom. In honor of flag day, I am going to quote the often forgotten 2nd verse of America the Beautiful...
"O beautiful for pilgrim feet,
whose stern impassioned stress.
A thoroughfare for freedom beat,
across the wilderness.
America! America! God mend thine every flaw,
confirm thy soul in self-control,
thy liberty in law."


 Today, June 14th, 2012 is also a day to celebrate the beautiful iris blooming, and blooming and blooming in my garden. Some solid deep purple, white and yellow are on the way, but the 'Stepping Out' is at the height of it's yearly glory. Along with the daisies (a start from my dear mother-in-law), they are a sea of beautiful joy, waving gently in my garden.

2 comments:

Peter Jones said...

I LOVE the pictures!! So beautiful. Wonderful post, Mom.
Jules

Unknown said...

Awesome post Jennie. Thank you for those incredible words.