Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Talented Grandkids

 I have a couple of things my grandkids have done for us recently, and it's always fun to share their talents and abilities, unique to each. Recently my 4-year old granddaughter Macy visited us for a week, and colored the above fish for me. I thought it was a remarkable job for only 4 years old. Didn't she stay in the lines nicely?

Julie's children each sent a card, picture or story to Papa for Fathers Day. Each was special, but I picked out a writing to share, that 11-year-old William sent:

"Time in this world is fleeting, and time with a Grandpa across the continent is even more so. But the fleeting time I do spend with my Grandpa is one of the most special things around. (Especially if he lives across the continent and we only see him once every two years.)
I would like you to know that you are one of the most special people in my life, and that makes the few times I see you even more precious to me. I love you so much Papa, and I hope you have a wonderful Father's Day full of delight and happiness."

And finally, when we arrived at Joy's house for graduation, Kory surprised us with a gift. She had done a drawing of our house for an art project at school, had matted it and wrote a very nice message on the back for us. We were awe-struck at the ability of this girl. She has only had one drawing class in High School, as a freshman, yet she was able to draw so accurately our wonderful home. This is only a portion of the original drawing, as it was too large to scan. Not only is the detail wonderful and accurate in every way, but the amazing part is that she did this with letters and words. Tiny, tiny letters and words in all of it, except around the word 'Shadowood'. I asked her what she wrote and she told me it was mainly Bible verses about family. If you click on the photo and enlarge it you can see some of the writing. We plan to have it framed, and hang it above the fireplace.


Each item is priceless to us, and what a joy and blessing it is to have reached this stage of life where our grandchildren are old enough to bless us with their talents.

No comments: