Friday, June 5, 2009

Crabapple Blooms

Before this last week of hot steamy rain showers and thunderstorms, we had spring burst out gloriously. We had beautiful blue skies with crab apple trees blooming riotously, white and pink. I just had to take some photos to savor later this winter.
We have 3 white trees and 4 pink ones in our yard, and our neighbor has 3 pink ones too of a little different variety.

I think my favorite part is the buds that promise so much and then deliver!

Here is a close-up of one of the larger bloom varieties. Isn't God's palette amazing?

This is one way I brought the loveliness indoors. This cute little dutch boy and girl were given to me by an aunt of my Moms, when I was just a girl. She lived in Victoria, British Columbia...and I still remember how charmed I was by the gift. I love the way he is just peeping out from among the blooms. Hooray for Spring...and now summer.

1 comment:

Peter Jones said...

I LOVE that last picture of the blooms in the dutch boy vase. Perfect. As soon as I scrolled down that far, I was captivated by the picture. How nice that you enjoyed that in your house. Beautiful!!
Julie