Thursday, February 5, 2009

Paper Romance

This is an antique tray that I recently found in helping to clean out my in-laws basement. Grandma Addie had taped in a series of photos from the 1970's and I took these photos out to put them in an Asmussen scrapbook of their lives. What to do with the tray? I found an immediate answer for this month anyway...by showcasing a few old valentines and calling cards along with paper doilies. It made a very fun display for Valentines Day.
My favorite one didn't show up too well in the photograph. (It's the one with the glare) No matter how I photographed the tray it still had a glare on that card. However, it has little dainty violets and a lavender ribbon on it. Especially pretty. The detail on these cards and papers is exquisite. Now what to do with the tray next month? I will let you know!

No comments: