Friday, February 27, 2009

One last vacation post

This post is specifically for my grandsons; Samuel, William, Benjamin and Calvin. Julie has been telling me that the boys have been waiting each day for her to show them my vacation posts...so here is a last one just for them.
Hi guys! How would you like to go swimming in this pool? It is actually just one pool in a series of 10! The pools are connected by art and interesting structures and you can swim or drop from each one to the next. There is a fountain in the photo which wasn't on when I took the picture. There are also no people in the pool, because I took the picture on Friday when everyone was busy getting ready to leave. Another fun thing about the pools is that they were open 24 hours a day. We didn't check how many people were swimming in the middle of the night...because we were too busy sleeping.
Some of the pools were connected by canals such as this one. Isn't it a pretty picture? The brown square is a bridge over the canal to walk on.

This is the pool where we most often sat...and swam. Picture Papa and I laying in the sun (to the right of the picture) and looking up at that stone tower.

Surprise! That is what we could see at the top...a fountain. They had the most creative things in these pools. I wish you all could have been there to swim with us. By the way, they also had two different drink places in the water, one at each end of the pools. You could swim up and sit on stools under the water and order something to drink. What do you think of that?? Grammy loves Pina Colada's, pinata style (that means no alcohol in Spanish). It is really fun to sip on one in the swim pool. It was a lot of fun to go swimming outside in February!
Hope you enjoyed your post and our vacation.
Love, Grammy

4 comments:

Peter Jones said...

Wow, Gram! Those ten pools were all pretty neat. If the sea were as clear as that, I'd be totally stunned. I'm so glad you shared these posts with us. I wish I could swim there too.
Sam

Peter Jones said...

I hope the water was warm there. That can't be expected in February. The flowers down below are pretty pretty. Ten pools are very big. I wonder why you can't step on the grass? Canals are fun. I would swim a lot in those pools! Thank you for writing a post just to us!
Will

Peter Jones said...

Seeing these makes us feel a little like we were there ourselves. It looks like paradise! We enjoyed our little taste of it! Thanks mom!
Julie

Jennie and Julie said...

Sam, the water there is pretty clear. When we were snorkeling, I could put my mask in the water and see clear to the bottom easily. It's very different from the ocean I have seen before. I'm glad you enjoyed the posts.

Will, the water was amazingly warm. When we jumped into the water off the boat there was no 'cold' shock, just nice bathtub temperature water....even in February! Also, you could step on the grass, esp. if you were crossing the bridge, but in general they do want you to stay on the paths.

I'm glad you were interested in our trip. We will just have to take another vacation so that I can show you more photos!