Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Cookies

We were at my in-laws for Easter week-end in Burns. For dessert my mom-in-law served home grown and canned apricots and sugar cookies decorated with little Easter egg candies. So festive and spring-like. We all took a cookie to enjoy when she popped up with this warning "be careful when you bite down!" We all stopped and looked at her and with a mischievous grin she let us know that she had hidden a quarter in one of the cookies. "Of course I gave the quarter a bath first" she informed us. "Whoever gets the quarter gets to keep it" was her last comment.
My insurance man was the lucky winner, and not only did he get a delicious cookie baked by his Mom, but a quarter as well. What a fun dessert time!

1 comment:

Peter Jones said...

How cute! I love the way you told it about Grandma Bethel because I can just picture her! That's so fun.
Julie