Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Spring in Central Oregon

When I woke up yesterday morning this is the kind of day I expected after 80+ degree weather last week. I wanted to hang out my laundry...feel the sun, and breathe in the fresh scents.
BUT, this is the kind of spring day I awoke to.....

It seems like the warm air current from Mexico is battling with the cold air current from Alaska...and the Alaska front is winning!

We often have extremes of weather in the Spring....a spike like last week, and then cold frosty days...but not usually snow this late. I went outside to check the flowers, and they were happily absorbing the moisture. They don't care in which way it comes. We had rain, sleet, hail, and snow yesterday and the flowers and bushes didn't seem to mind a bit. The birds either...as they were out in force.

Bleeding hearts are the first of my plants to bloom, besides the spring bulbs. This one is in a protected corner, and getting along happily with the wild weather.
This is another variety of bleeding heart, and it stays full and blooming all season long, while the other ones die back. They both grow from the ground up each spring, and this is a lot of foliage for April 28th around here.
It's another good reminder to accept the providence's of God in whatever form they come...they are all good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You captured it Jennie - in photo and in emotion. I want the 80's back too.
Kathy