Monday, May 4, 2009

My own May Day

Since I didn't have any yard blooms, we went over to Fred Meyers garden area and got a few plants to brighten the porch. I have this nice shelf unit that my insurance man made for me, and it always looks so nice in the spring with a few plants, and they are protected from most frosty nights there. I add more in the summer, mostly flowers for shade.
Pansies are great for this time of year here, as they like the cool wet and cold weather. They are so pretty with their cheery faces.

I added an ivy plant on top and some johnny-jump-ups below the pansies and behold....I made my own May Day flowers. It's raining right now, so I put the plants out for a drink. How happy it is to go out my front door, and see these bright cheery blooms!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your idea of porch plants for color this time of year. I would love to do a nursery trip together Jennie. Do you ever go to Schilling's Solar City? I have wanted to go there for years. I will give you a call in a couple of weeks. Enjoy your color and the rain.

My email address is kdp38@bendbroadband.com - just to add to your information.
Hugs to you and the insurance man,
Kathy

Peter Jones said...

Nothing like blooms. Very cheerful. Thanks for sharing your cheerful corner of your porch!
Julie