Friday, May 15, 2009

White Shams and Simplification



I recently worked on fixing up my own room a little bit. A couple of weeks ago we were preparing for some company to come for a visit. We decided our room was the most suitable spot for these guests to stay and it inspired me to fix it up a little. Everyone of us went in with cleaners and thoroughly deep cleaned the room first. That was great. With 5 or 6 of us able to help out, that went really fast. Second, I went through and simplified everything. That feels so good!! For years, I've held onto some things that have ended up becoming clutter. I trimmed it all down, leaving just the essentials and a few sparce decorative accents. Then I stood back and looked around. The only thing that I thought would really help it out was some decorative pillows with shams at the head of the bed. In 12 years of marriage, I have always considered getting some and never have done it. So, I asked my husband about it and went ahead and invested in some white shams and pillows. Maybe this is silly, but when I set them up there, I felt so HAPPY! I just love my new white shams!

This old picture of us was one of the items that got to stay. It did get a new frame though.
The guests have come and gone, and I am so enjoying my "new" room. I actually want to go in there and read now.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great room. I need to do the same. A great gift to give yourself. Hope you enjoyed reading and relaxing. The photo is really great.
Kathy

Jennie and Julie said...

Well, we got home and unpacked, so I went to check out the blog. I like what you posted a lot. Your room looks so pretty. I like your shams, and I like the knots in your curtains. Very restful and relaxing looking. Good job!
Mom