Thursday, May 7, 2009

An Updated Guest Bathroom

Fairly recently we remodeled our guest bathroom. I was able to replace dark old wood with white cabinets, horrible dark yellow wallpaper with pink and green rosebuds (remember how I love roses?), and a dark brown tile counter with a lovely green...easy to wash and all one piece....counter top. I even found a white cottage style mirror to hang over the sink. The other day I felt springy even though the weather doesn't, and put a pink and green rug on the floor and some artificial flowers in a green depression ware pitcher.
It looks so nice and cheery every time I walk past the door. Beauty is nice wherever you find it. I was reminded of how crowded and cluttered this bathroom was when I had three teen-age girls at home. My mom-in-law Bethel gave our insurance man a plaque for his birthday one of those years with the following quote:
Having no sons, he did put up with an awful lot from all of us females : ) I sort of miss those crazy, cluttered days...but I also appreciate a pretty and clean bathroom!

No comments: