Monday, August 23, 2010

We hosted a 'Supper Club' from our Church last Friday night. There were nine of us including three couples and three singles. I found some roses for $7.99 a dozen at Fred Meyer, and bought the last pack of white ones. They made a great centerpiece after being cut down and placed in a depression ware cookie jar. I was inspired by my viewing of place settings at our fair, so made up a simple menu for the table.
This was how the table looked just waiting for the guests to arrive.

I only had eight goblets and cups, so used some of my depression ware for the ninth setting. Each napkin was wrapped in a little bit of old tatting from my grandmother, and a piece of blooming peppermint from the garden. It is always a lot of fun for me to set the table...I remember enjoying it even as a child.

After the guests arrived, we enjoyed a little pre-dinner visiting in the garden.

And the insurance man enjoyed a little visiting around the snacks I had set out. It was a great evening of relaxed, joyous sharing together.
On the 'name the dog' front, we have several name suggestions now:
  • Gallahad
  • Sable
  • Fred
  • Buddy
  • Taffy
  • Licorice
  • Snickers
  • Shadow
  • Nigel
  • Pal
  • Greatheart

We are still waiting on a suggestion from Calvin, and Doris is trying them out. I'll let you know which one she takes.

1 comment:

Peter Jones said...

This looks so nice. It looks like you had fun doing it. I'm sure everyone enjoyed it a lot. Where's that roast?
Julie