Saturday, December 1, 2012

Apologies or Confessions

Another dark morning, where the sun never broke through, and it turned rainy for the day and into the night. Unusual for Central Oregon to rain for a whole day at a time.
While I was walking on the treadmill I started a new book I had downloaded. It's called 'What I Learned in Narnia' by Douglas Wilson. Chapter 2 was about Confession of Sin, or in other words....the importance of a full, sincere, honest apology. I got so much out of that chapter, and it was amazing to see Pastor Wilson dissect the Narnia series into the various apologies, some honest, some half-hearted, and some not. A blessing to start out the day with some very positive thinking.
I spent the day with daughter JoAnn, and we had such a good time together. I am blessed to have one of my chicks close, and enjoy my daughters as adults and friends. She helped me do some put-off chores and shopping, and it's so nice to have someone to help you, isn't it?
As I got into bed last night, to read a book she loaned me, I heard the wind howling around the corners of the house, and rattling windowpanes. It felt so cozy to be inside where it's safe and warm. And yet, my heart breaks for those not so fortunate, for those who are on the streets, in their cars, and in the homeless camps around Bend. May my heart continue to break for the ones who have so much less, and most especially for those without the knowledge of God. 

No comments: