Wednesday, December 3, 2008

2nd Fall

It's been 2 years since we last visited the homeland of my husband, the southern United States of Mississippi and Tennessee. I had forgotten how perfect is this time of year for visiting that area. Here in West Virginia, fall is over. The leaves are gone and snow is here. As we drove south, we saw fall reborn! It was like we went back in time one month. We spent our first night outside of Nashville and the next day drove down the Natchez Trace Parkway to Alabama and then headed west into Mississippi. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of the Natchez Trace. The fall color was outstanding! I did take one picture of a tree at the home of my parents-in-law. The leaves were falling there, but not all gone and there was ivy on everything. Moderate temperatures meant no coats were needed and we enjoyed a week of fall all over again!

No comments: