Saturday, December 27, 2008

Holiday Feasting

Since Mom posted about feasting and included our dinner plans, I thought I'd share some pictures of The Jones Family feast on Christmas Eve. It wasn't disappointing.Just kidding...

Along with the meat, there was sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy and some yummy rolls that our previous night's guests had made and left.

I confess, I ate all that you see on this plate!

My son gives his approval.

We had these cute name cards in the Christmas box from a previous year and I had forgotten about them. They added something special to the table.




CHRISTMAS MORNING BREAKFAST
We simply had to have the casserole that my mom always made, Sausage Soufle. This year we only accompanied it with homemade applesauce, but it was still very good. I didn't manage to get the time to bake something sweet to go with it.


Some dear friends from Oregon sent us some wonderful hot chocolate from Williams-Sonoma and Peppermint sticks dipped in chocolate for stirring. That was extra fun for our Christmas breakfast.


No comments: