Thursday, December 4, 2008

My All-time Favorite Vinaigrette

I have been making a lot of salads lately, and made up my favorite salad dressing yesterday. It's called Vermont Country Salad Dressing, and I got the recipe a few years ago from my good friend Nancy. It's just scrumptious, and makes a good salad even better. Here is the recipe, and it is so simple!

3 T. (real) maple syrup
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
1 t. dijon mustard (or regular works too)
1/2 c. good oil (I use safflower)
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper, freshly ground is best
1 t. minced garlic
Shake all together and serve...that's all there is to it. Soooo much better than store-bought. It is on the sweet side (but I like sweet) so for you folks who like a dressing on the bitter side stick with oil and vinegar. Enjoy!

No comments: