Tuesday, January 13, 2009

January Quiet

This has always been a favorite picture of mine, and I like to keep it up during January. It reminds me to slow down, enjoy the peace and quiet in winter, and take time out from all the work and play of spring and summer. Although our January weather is not looking like this...it's 58 degrees right now with gloriously blue skies...the ideas remain the same.
This January I have to stay quiet because I am not supposed to be on my feet. But it's amazing how busy I can be, even sitting down. I need to keep reminding myself to not worry about undone tasks, not to stress over getting something done (like a blog written) but to concentrate on contemplation and just walking hand in hand with Jesus. It is very complicated to slow down in our world of hustle, and I'm finding it's an art that I need to learn all over again. I remember the freedom of it as a child but have lost it along the way. Worry and anxiety play their parts in this process too. I hope to learn it again and keep it in my life when I return to full activity. That is my prayer for this quiet time, this time of lying down in green pastures beside the still waters.

2 comments:

Monica said...

What a beautiful picture. I can see why you love it. I'm sorry you still aren't back on your feet. I will pray for your contentedness during this time.

Jennie and Julie said...

Thank you Monica, I need the prayer. There is much to be learned during this time.
Jennie