Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Speaking of tea...


When mom came to visit me in October, we accidentally came across a teacup shelf at a used furniture store. I've been wanting something to put my teacups on for years, so we bought it. Well, I finally got it hung up and the teacups are displayed and I feel so satisfied! Each of these teacups was a gift from my best friend growing up, Amanda Boone (Calvert). We bought each other a teacup for our birthdays and Christmas so that we would each have our own collection. I love that they remind me of her. She lives with her husband and three children in Northeastern Oregon and
I am all the way over in West Virginia. Our contact is limited but we have wonderful memories of our friendship and the help we were to each other so many times in those years. Having my cups up reminds me of that time. I really am thankful that God supplied that kind of a friend for me. Decorations can be so much more than decorations!

2 comments:

Jennie and Julie said...

Looking at that corner you would never know you have so many 'men' around! I love it, it looks so pretty. A very nice atmosphere for eating. I like what you said about memories making good decorations...and decorations bringing up good memories. Very nice (and thanks for posting!)

Peter Jones said...

Thanks mom! That was a nice comment. :) Sorry I don't come up with more to post about! Julie